Calstock Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan is out for Public Consultation.
The pre-submission draft of the Calstock Neighbourhood Development Plan has been published for consultation with the local community. It is open for comments from 3rd September 2019 to 17th October 2019. Please let us know what you think of the policies and proposals in the Plan by reading it or the summary leaflet, and commenting using the online or downloadable comments form.
A full copy of the Plan may be found here: Calstock Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan
A summary leaflet is available through this link: Calstock Parish NDP Summary Leaflet
The accompanying Strategic Environmental Assessment Environment Report can be found here: Calstock Parish NDP SEA
The evidence material behind the Plan can be accessed through this link: Calstock NDP Evidence Base.
Have Your Say…..
An online form to comment on the Plan may be found here: Comment Form (Online)
A .pdf version of the form to complete by hand and post back to the Parish Council is available here: Comment Form (Download)
If you would like to know more about the Calstock NDP before you comment, then please drop in to one of our roadshow sessions, where you can get additional information and discuss the issues with a member of the NDP Committee.
The sessions are at the following locations, dates and times:
Update: we have added some extra evening dates and we are holding a Sunday session in the Tamar Methodist Church and St Andrews Church, Calstock. Please also note a change to the published date for the Woodland Way Centre.
- Tamar Valley AONB Centre, Drakewalls 3rd September from 2pm to 4pm*
- Tamar Valley AONB Centre, Drakewalls 4th to 6th September from 10am to 2pm*
- Tamar Valley AONB Centre, Drakewalls 9th September from 9am to 12.30pm*
- *Note: The display can be viewed from 9am to 5pm at the AONB Centre but will only be staffed at the hours given above.
- Tamar Valley Methodist Church, Albaston 15th September from 12pm (noon) to 1pm
- Woodland Way Centre, Gunnislake 18th September from 9am to 1pm
- Calstock Village Hall Friendship Club 19th September from 9am to 1pm.
- White Hart Inn, Chilsworthy 19th September from 6pm to 9pm
- Tamar Valley AONB Centre, Drakewalls 26th September from 5pm to 8pm
- Calstock Church 6th October from 11am to 1pm
- Tamar Valley AONB Centre, Drakewalls 7th October from 5pm to 8pm
- Harrowbarrow Village Hall 9th October from 2pm to 5pm
Calstock Parish is an amazing place! Looking out into Devon across the beautiful Tamar Valley, it is set on the East Cornwall and Kit Hill moorland fringe, and dives steeply into the Tamar Valley. The Parish includes rare and sensitive biodiversity, and a geodiversity that has been exploited over many generations in surface and deep workings, now recognised as being of World Heritage importance. The river itself has had an industrial role, offering communications for both agriculture and mining, but is now appreciated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Eight villages and many hamlets are scattered across this precious landscape, including Calstock itself set snugly into the meanders of the river, whilst above villages such as Drakewalls and Gunnislake dominate the higher ground. The communities of these settlements include people whose families have lived locally for generations, and also more recent residents attracted by the excellent quality of life available in the area.
But there are challenges: the affordability of housing, relatively low wages, loss of green-space to development pressures, access to modern services and facilities, air-pollution, the changing balance within our community, and global environmental change to name a few.
The Calstock Parish Neighbourhood Plan provides us, local people who live here and love where we live, with the opportunity to have a real say in the way these challenges are tackled, so that our present needs are met without harming the ability of future generations to meet their needs. That is the essence of sustainable development.
Please bookmark and return frequently to see what is happening!